Date: 28th February 2019
2. What does Aragon do?
3. What types of personal data do we collect?“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including (but may not be limited to):
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
4. Collecting Personal DataWe will normally collect personal data from you only where;
- Where we need the personal data to communicate and/or perform a contract with you
- Where the use and processing of personal data (e.g. analytical analysis of website traffic) is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Through our websiteWe collect Personal Data through our website, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, or utilise our online chat tool. When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them to help us improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Via EmailWhen you correspond with us via email, we may save a copy of your contact information in our internal database for ease of future communication.
- For communicating with you and responding to inquiries
- As necessary in order to procure goods and services from suppliers and contractors
- As part of recruitment processes
- For data analysis and internal audits
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes
- For developing new products and services
- For evaluating performance of existing products and services
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our products and services
6. Who does Aragon share my personal information with?
- Affiliates – All affiliated companies in the Sembcorp Marine Group as may be required to accomplish our business purpose.
- Third Party Service Providers – Your data may be shared with third parties that are providing services to Aragon. These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
7. Legal Disclosures & Other UsesWe may also use and disclose your Personal Data as necessary or appropriate when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so, including;
- To comply with applicable law – This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities – These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with formal requests from law enforcement.
- For other legal reasons including;
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
8. How does Aragon keep my personal information secure?
9. Data retentionWe retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements).
10. Your data protection rightsYou have the following data protection rights:
- You can access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data.
- If you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. (Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent).